In 2019 Intimacy Director & Coordinator Yarit Dor approached Costume Designer Shoni Wilkinson to create a specialised intimacy/modesty garment kit for her to use on set and in theatre.
As one of the UK's pioneers in Intimacy Coordination & Intimacy Direction, she found that the garments available to her and her colleagues just weren’t suitable for the job.
Disposable, ill-fitting, limited in colour and size, Intimacy Professionals and Costume Departments needed a purpose-built garment that represented the industry's ethos.
Intimask was created to fill this void.
The development of action specific intimacy & modesty garments and INTIMASK Silicone Barriers provide support and protection to both the performers and the planet.
Our washable, reusable, purpose-built garments are made with the highest quality materials. They come in a range of 6 skin tones and sizes and many include our registered INTIMASK Silicone Barriers.
- All of our garments are designed and produced in the UK.
- We pay our employees above the "Real UK Living Wage", for more info visit https://www.livingwage.org.uk/
- Our fabric is produced in the UK by a leading textile company.
- All of our garments come packed in reusable, resealable, biodegradable bags and labels.
- We use environmentally responsible shipping options, offsetting the emissions from the transportation of our products.
- We are always on the look-out for eco-friendly stretch materials and textiles in order to help our planet. Until we find a more sustainable replacement it is important for us to raise awareness of methods that help reduce microplastics and waste in the performing arts & recorded media industries. See our recycling page.
“The intimacy movement is such a powerful, positive force, we felt its tools should reflect that”
Co-Director & Lead Designer
Shoni (she/her) has been designing and constructing costumes for Theatre, Film, Television and Private clientele since 2011. As well as Contemporary styled costumes, Shoni is known for her craftsmanship and knowledge in making and designing period costumes from 1066-1910.
Her attention to detail and professional, friendly manner has seen her work featured at Hampton Court Palace, Museum of London and in London's West End.
Design & Management Team
Intimacy Function Consultants, Digital Sculptors, Prop Makers, Costume Makers, Associate Advisors and Sales Team
We have a pool of worldwide industry professionals testing our products and advising us on how to make them fit the industry's most current needs.