In July 2019 Intimacy Director & Coordinator Yarit Dor approached Costume Designer Shoni Wilkinson to create a specialised intimacy/modesty garment kit to use on set and in theatre. As one of the UK's pioneers in Intimacy Coordination & Intimacy Direction, Yarit found that the garments available to her and her colleagues just weren’t suitable for the job. Disposable, thinly layered, ill-fitting, limited in skin tone and size, Intimacy Professionals and Costume Departments needed a purpose-built garment that represented the industry's ethos and future. INTIMASK was created to fill this void.
The company's washable, reusable, purpose-built garments & barriers are made with the highest quality materials. They come in a range of 6 skin tones and various sizes.
INTIMASK is the first worldwide company to lead the development in contemporary, fit-for-action modesty garments and silicone barriers to support and protect performers in screen and live performance. These developments have made INTIMASK products highly respected for their standards and innovation.
INTIMASK's products have so far been used in TV shows produced by top film studios, Broadway shows, dance companies and circus companies.
In 2020 the company was nominated for the MAKERS & SHAKERS AWARDS (UK film industry award).
COMPANY CORE VALUES
Our garments aim to offer support and coverage/masking at the highest standards.
We aim to be inclusivity-aware and develop products for everyone as much as possible.
We acknowledge our impact on the environment and are actively finding ways to reduce and contribute to a greener entertainment industry.
- All of our garments are designed and produced in the UK.
- We pay our employees above the "Real UK Living Wage", for more info visit https://www.livingwage.org.uk/
- Our fabric is produced in the UK by a leading textile company.
- All of our garments come packed in reusable, resealable, biodegradable bags.
- All of our labels are made of recycled paper and are compostable.
- We use environmentally responsible shipping options, offsetting the emissions from the transportation of our products.
- 60% of our selling garments are now in Recycled Nylon. We are always on the look-out for eco-friendly stretch materials and textiles.
Until we find a more sustainable replacement it is important for us to raise awareness of methods that help reduce microplastics and waste in the performing arts & recorded media industries. See our recycling page.
“The intimacy movement is such a powerful, positive force, we felt its tools should reflect that”
Nima - PR & Marketing
Verity Pryor-Harden - Social Media Advisor
Shoni Wilkinson - Former Lead Designer & Maker (2019-2022)
Li-Lee Choo - Maker (2020-2021)
Charlie Mitchell - Maker (2019-2021)
Product Development Manager & Consultant
Tigger Blaize - Trans Consultant & Intimacy Coordinator
Andy Fordham, East Effects - 3D Design & Sculptor
Surface Scan Ltd - 3D Design & Scanning
Enric Ortuno - Intimacy Director & Coordinator
Workroom & Design Development
B Fashion Studio (UK)